WE'RE IN IT TOGETHER:
Whether it's supporting a local community fighting a pokie application or a state-wide campaign to change laws regarding poker machines or demanding national policy change- we can only achieve anything if we work together. Below are all our current actions, follow the links to help build an Australia without ongoing gambling harm.
We want to see Australia without poker machines harming our communities and without sports betting advertisements on our televisions. It's time to end Australia's gambling addiction!
If you'd like to learn about actions you can take on your own, click here to see our handy DIY Action Kit!
Woolworths is the biggest operator of pokies, the most damaging type of gambling, making an outrageous $2.4 billion out of its pokies business over the past 12 years. On average, that's $200 million a year! Woolworths: The Pokies People...
- Coles is thinking about divesting from pokies: click here to sign the petition!
- Sign the petition and tell Woolies to STOP funding AHA's dangerous political campaigning!
- Sign the petition and demand that Woolies gets out of the pokies business!
- Watch Dr. Susan Rennie addressing the Woolworths AGM to hold them accountable for their multi-billion dollar pokie business.
- Previous actions:
AFL clubs make nearly $100 million annually from poker machines. This family-friendly sport profits from harming our communities and we're asking them to follow the footsteps of North Melbourne and Geelong to get out of pokies.
- We're going after each of the AFL clubs that own and operate poker machines! Click here if you want to take action to get them out of the pokies business.
- Call your footy club to tell them to go pokie-free
- Sign the petition to tell the Minister to end sports gambling ads!
- Write to the AFL: more clubs are getting out of pokies & we want the AFL to take an official stand
- Previous actions:
Pokies on Trial
Shonica Guy was the plaintiff in a landmark case alleging that the ‘Dolphin Treasure’ poker machine designed by Aristocrat and operated by Crown Casino is unlawful under Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- Onoing actions:
- Previous actions:
Andrew Wilkie revealed to the Parliament video evidence of three whistleblowers detailing the alleged illegal and dangerous behaviour of Crown.
The whistleblowers, all ex-employees of Crown, claimed that staff were told to tamper with poker machines so they can be played continuously, regularly reset the machine's memory to reduce returns to players and hid transactions greater than $10,000 from Austrac, the watchdog on money laundering.
- Ongoing actions:
Champions for Change
People who’ve been hurt by gambling directly, and their family and friends know first-hand how devastating the gambling industry is. Champions for Change supports and empowers people impacted to be powerful advocates for reforms to prevent gambling harm.
The documentary Ka-Ching! Pokie Nation is a powerful tool for engaging Australians on the issue of poker machine gambling, and how it damages our communities. Community groups, councils, churches and small clubs are screening the film to bring their group together around an important issue.
- Click here to watch Ka-ching or to order the DVD
- Click here to learn more about hosting a screening of Ka-ching!
Want to have a direct impact?
Sign up here to attend a meeting with your MP!
- We want the Victorian Government to introduce policies to reduce gambling harm. Click here to sign the petition!
- Demand the Victorian government choose a side: pokies or people. Click here to sign the petition
- The data on gambling harm is out- Victoria lost $2.6 billion. Sign the petition or write to the Minister of Gaming demanding reform
- Moreland: Ask for a Resident Action Kit
- Whittlesea: Sign up for a Residential Action Kit
- Andrew in Officer, Cardinia, is going to VCAT to protect his community from 80 new pokies! Sign to stand with him!
- 20 year licences for pokies are not in Victoria's interest! Sign the petition to tell the Premier to pick a side.
- We don't want cashless pokies in Victoria: sign the petition
- The Northcote election is getting closer! Click here to take action.
- Sign the petition or write to the VCGLR to prevent more pokies in Berwick!
- Email the Ministers to prevent more pokies in Hume
- Officer is facing an application for 80 new pokies: Sign the petition to prevent the application or sign the petition to the local member!
- Sign the petition to ask the Northcote candidates to prioritize preventing further pokie harm or write a letter to them!
- Sign up for a free corflute in the Northcote electorate!
- Stop Bendigo getting more pokies, sign the petition
- Mildura doesn't want a casino: sign the petition
New South Wales
- Support Northern Beaches Council to adopt a Gambling Harm Prevention policy: click here to send a submission!
- NSW is the most pokie-saturated state in Australia. Sign the petition or send a letter to fix NSW!
- We need to campaign harder in Australia's most pokie-impacted state, click here to donate
- We scared ClubsNSW: want to read all about it?
- NSW's current scheme hurts communities, it needs to change. Sign the petition
- As the Local Impact Assessment is under review, we need you to send a submission to demand change.
- We need to be able to access the information and data detailing pokie harm in NSW, sign the petition
- The Northern Beaches Council needs a gambling policy: write to the Council!
- Tell the NSW government to stop gambling with our communities- write a letter or call the Premier!
- Pokies should be on the local government election agenda: sign the petition.
- The election's approaching fast, sign the petition to reduce pokie harm in Tasmania!
- Learn about pokies in your electorate and contact your candidate, click here.
- Sign the open letter to the Premier to get pokies out of pubs & clubs!
- The state election is coming up and we want the Premier to know that Tasmanian's will be voting to reduce harm! Click here to sign the petition!
- The South Australian election is approaching fast! Send a letter to demand the politcal parties release their gambling policies!
- A new Casino has been proposed and there's too much secrecy surrounding it, sign the petition to stop the secrecy
Australian Capital Territory
- We need to ban cash withdrawals in ACT pokie venues: sign the petition!