WE NEED YOU:
Whether it's supporting a local community fighting a pokie application or a state-wide campaign to change laws regarding poker machines or demanding national policy change- we can't achieve anything without your support. Below are all our current actions, follow the links to help build an Australia without ongoing gambling harm.
We want to see Australia without poker machines harming our communities and without sports betting advertisements on our televisions. It's time to end Australia's gambling addiction!
Pokies on Trial
Shonica Guy is the plaintiff in a case alleging that the ‘Dolphin Treasure’ poker machine designed by Aristocrat and operated by Crown Casino is unlawful under Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- Click here to write a letter of support to Shonica
- Sign the petition to support Crown being taken to Court
- Sign the petition to stand with Shonica
Woolworths is the biggest operator of pokies, the most damaging type of gambling, making an outrageous $2.4 billion out of its pokies business over the past 12 years. On average, that's $200 million a year! Woolworths: The Pokies People...
AFL clubs make nearly $100 million annually from poker machines. This family-friendly sport profits from harming our communities and we're asking them to follow the footsteps of North Melbourne and Geelong to get out of pokies.
- Call your footy club to tell them to go pokie-free
- Sign the petition to tell the Minister to end sports gambling ads!
- Sign the petition to demand that footy becomes family friendly!
Andrew Wilkie revealed to the Parliament video evidence of three whistleblowers detailing the alleged illegal and dangerous behaviour of Crown.
The whistleblowers, all ex-employees of Crown, claimed that staff were told to tamper with poker machines so they can be played continuously, regularly reset the machine's memory to reduce returns to players and hid transactions greater than $10,000 from Austrac, the watchdog on money laundering.
- Demand the Victorian government choose a side: pokies or people. Click here to sign the petition
- The data on gambling harm is out- Victoria lost $2.6 billion. Sign the petition or write to the Minister of Gaming demanding reform
- We don't want cashless pokies in Victoria: sign the petition
- The Northcote election is getting closer! Click here to take action.
- Berwick: Sign the petition or write to the VCGLR
- Hume: email the Ministers to prevent more pokies
- Moreland: Ask for a Resident Action Kit
- Officer: Sign the petition
- Whittlesea: Sign up for a Residential Action Kit
- Northcote: Sign the petition to ask the candidates to prioritise preventing further pokie harm!
New South Wales
- We need to campaign harder in Australia's most pokie-impacted state, click here to donate
- We scared ClubsNSW: want to read all about it?
- NSW's current scheme hurts communities, it needs to change. Sign the petition
- As the Local Impact Assessment is under review, we need you to send a submission to demand change.
- We need to be able to access the information and data detailing pokie harm in NSW, sign the petition
- Huntlee: Sign the petition
- A new Casino has been proposed and there's too much secrecy surrounding it, sign the petition to stop the secrecy
Australian Capital Territory
- We need to ban cash withdrawals in ACT pokie venues: sign the petition!