Gambling harm is impacting so many families and communities across Australia. As a nation, we lost over $200 billion dollars to gambling in 2016-17. That easily makes us the world's worst gamblers.
That monumental figure shows that nearly every town, city and region of Australia has to start tackling this issue.
Some local councils have recognised the need for local government to step up and join the fight to end gambling harm. We have partnered with many councils and we are excited to help them change their communities for the better.
We are lucky in Victoria to see the pokie problem being actively tackled by the Alliance's Leadership Councils: Banyule, Brimbank, Darebin, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Hobsons Bay, Hume, Kingston, Knox, Maribyrnong, Maroondah, Melbourne, Mitchell Shire, Monash, Moonee Valley, Moreland, Mornington Peninsula, Whitehorse, Whittlesea, Wyndham and Yarra. We're looking forward to continuing to act together to overcome the harm that Victoria experiences as a result of poker machines.
- Greater Dandenong: Learn more, get involved, download brochures and posters
- Moreland: Ask for a Resident Action Kit
- Whittlesea: Sign up for a Residential Action Kit or sign the petition to make pokie reform a priority now!
- Brimbank: Sign the petition to make pokie reform a priority!
- Monash: Demand a strong reform policy now!
- Stonnington: Your council wants you to demand a strong policy on pokies reform!
Last updated 16/05/2019.