What can our Organisation do?
You can sign up here as a contact for your organisation. We'll bring you into our campaign team to build a state-wide coalition of concerned organisations who will lobby their MPs, back the Minister's reforms, and stand up to pubs and clubs.
Once you sign up we can send you the necessary materials and information for making a submission. Your submission will be important in shaping self exclusion reform in NSW.
Please scroll down for the signup form.
What's on the table?
The Minister responsible for gambling in NSW, Victor Dominello, is seeking modest reforms which
- make venues obliged to check if patrons are on the self-exclusion register, and if they are, to refuse them entry
- if venues don't do this, they will be fined
- venues will also have to employ Gambling Marshalls, with training in advanced Responsible Conduct of Gambling
- families will have a pathway to apply to have a loved one excluded because of the harm their gambling is doing to themselves and their relatives
- venues will have to maintain a gambling incident register, just as they now have an alcohol incident register
The Alliance is also campaigning to incorporate a well-designed cashless system to help reinforce exclusion measures, to assist people to manage their own behaviour. It will also introduce simple actions, backed by research, to encourage breaks in play and help people limit their losses.
We have series of guides and templates here for your organisation to use, including a form template for the keen but time-poor. Contact email@example.com for any assistance.