We are winning the campaign for self exclusion reform but we need your help! Can you sign the pledge?
We are signing to declare our support for the Minister responsible for gambling, Victor Dominello, to bring in the following reforms:
1. Make venues check identification against a state-wide exclusion register, and politely refuse entry to those who have self-excluded. Failure to do this will result in a fine
2. Make venues have staff on every shift who have advanced training to talk to self-excluded patrons and to intervene when any patron shows any signs of concerning gambling behaviour.
3. Allow families or friends to seek exclusion of those they care for, when the situation is in crisis
4. Allow people to self-exclude through an online portal, to help them overcome the barrier of shame
5. Improve overall the Responsible Conduct of Gambling by recording incidents and requiring venues to explain why they have not taken action, and to ensure that staff are encouraged to keep people safe ahead of maximizing revenue
6. Move to a cashless gambling system so that people can set their budget to $0, so 17 year olds can be stopped from gambling, so our clubs and pubs are not used to launder the proceeds of crime any more