If you aren’t sure what to write about, you could mention:
- The community already loses $10.5 million dollars from this venue alone.
- The club already has 75 poker machines operating, now they want 10 more.
- There are already 893 poker machines in the City of Wyndham, with $100 million dollars lost every year.
- Are you worried about the number of tertiary education campuses in proximity to the venue? Young people are an at-risk group of experiencing gambling harm.
- Are you concerned about this venue diverting trade from local businesses? Should the additional money spent on these machines be spent elsewhere?
TELL THE VCGLR WHY THIS CONCERNS YOU!
Tips for writing a quality submission to the VCGLR:
- The VCGLR already know that the majority of people in Victoria don’t like poker machines, so they will put no weight behind submissions that talk about how bad poker machines are generally.
- Make sure you go in depth about why these poker machines will affect your community’s health and wellbeing.
- If you have a personal story and if you feel comfortable, it is powerful to share this in your submission. Especially if this venue had a negative impact on you, or a friend/ family member.
If you need any assistance writing your submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.